The Regional Hospital of Namur in Belgium was founded in 1992, after the merging of two local hospitals (general medicine/surgery and a maternity hospital). Important investments, in terms of human resources, medical equipment and buildings have been made over the past ten years to guarantee the best possible care to the patient, who is always at the centre of their concern. In that respect, the hospital suscribes to the Patient Charter of Luxembourg of 1979 which is equivalent to the NHS patient charter.
Situated about 37 miles south of Brussels, Namur, the capital of the Wallonian Region, is a pleasant and quiet city. The hospital is only a few miles away from the main motorways and one mile away from Namur train station. The nearest airports are Brussels National Airport and Charleroi Airport (only 20 miles west of Namur), which both provide daily flights to the main UK cities.
Accommodation for relatives can be arranged, religious needs can be catered for, a hairdresser is available, a phone, TV and a fridge is provided in all rooms.
Hospital profile and facilities
- 428 beds, including a Coronary Care Unit and an Intensive Care Unit
- 120,000 out-patients and 22,800 in-patients a year
- Human resources
- 180 doctors (many of whom also work for the University Teaching Hospitals and have experience in NHS Hospitals)
- 1200 nurses, physiotherapists, social workers and other non-medical employees
- Main departments
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Cardio-thoracic surgery(e.g. heart by-pass, heart valve replacement)
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- New departments
- Oncology (cancer treatment) day unit
- IVF and infertility clinic
- Intensive neonatal care unit
- Sports medicine
- Back care unit
- Cardiac surgery
- Nuclear medicine
- Surgical day unit
Centre Hospitalier Régional de Namur
185, Avenue Albert 1er
Tel: +32 8172 6111
Tel for further information: +32 8172 6342 (Dr J.M. Van de Velde)
Fax: +32 8172 6819
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.