The 2012 Treatment Abroad Medical Tourism Survey explores the experiences of patients who have gone abroad for some form
of surgery or medical or dental treatment. The research was undertaken by
European Research Specialists on behalf of Intuition Communication
who run Treatment Abroad
, and the International Medical Travel Journal
The research provides insight into:
- Why patients decide to travel for treatment
- Where they go for treatment
- What kind of treatment they undergo
- What they spend on the trip
- The good and bad aspects of their customer and
The 2012 study attracted over 1,000 participants. (Our previous medical tourism research study
attracted over 650 participants to the survey.) Around half of the survey participants were UK patients who travelled abroad for treatment.
The research data has also been provided at no charge to a Medical Tourism Research Team led by Dr Neil Lunt at the University of York and Professor Richard Smith at the London School of
Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. The team recently completed a review of Medical
Tourism for the OECD.
Purchase the report
The 150 page report can be purchased from Intuition Communication Ltd. A discount is available for Treatment Abroad clients..
Download the order form and summary
- Normal price - £350 (420 euros) plus 20% VAT if applicable.
- Discounted price for clients of Intuition Communication/Treatment Abroad: £275 (330 euros ) plus 20% VAT if applicable.
for the Treatment Abroad Medical Tourism Survey 2012.
View the contents of the medical tourism report
You can view the summary and contents page of the Treatment Abroad Medical Tourism Report 2012.